Medevac King Air 350 (CYXJ) – Captain
City: Fort St John
Province: British Columbia
Terms: Permanent – full time position
Our dedicated group of skilled aviation professionals is seeking an IFR experienced, motivated, energetic, safety focused and challenge-driven pilot who is eager to succeed in a dynamic and growing aviation company. Carson Air is a stable company known for excellence in service, safety, aircraft maintenance, flight operations, who has provided uninterrupted essential services for more than 25 years.
Pilots flying for Carson Air know their schedule in advance which provides a work-life balance to our Medevac crews seldom encountered in the aviation industry. We have recently changed our pay structure, as we are committed to offering our employees competitive compensation in addition to ongoing training, and internal opportunities for advancement.
Out of our new base in Fort St John we will have 2 different schedules:
- 4 days ON / 4 days OFF
- 10 days ON / 10 days OFF for rotational positions
The Captains have the overall responsibility for the safe, efficient, and timely operations of the aircraft and the First Officer according to all prescribed regulations, customer requirements and company expectations.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
- Required – ATPL rating.
- Preferred – 3000 hours or greater on fixed wing aircraft, with 1000 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC)
- Preferred – 1000 hours or greater of multi engine flight time, with 500 hours as PIC
- Preferred – 100 hours or greater on type, with 50 hours as PIC
- Preferred – 500 hours or greater of mountain flying experience.
- Preferred – BE30 Type rating
- Preferred – Aviation diploma
- Holder of a Group 1 Pilot Medical assessment by a qualified Civil Aviation Medical Examiner as required by Transport Canada regulations.
- No Transport Canada violations or suspensions
- Ability to obtain TSA clearance and approval for simulator training in the United States
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated computer skills and familiarity with the Internet
- Fluency or proficiency in English language skills
Successful applicants will be required to sign a Training Bond Agreement unless they already have a current type rating for BE30.
The Company has a COVID -19 Vaccine Policy in place.
Our workforce is diverse, and we are committed to an inclusive work environment where collaboration, understanding and mutual respect bring out the best in us all. We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees, offering a safe and welcoming workplace with competitive salaries and benefits package inclusive of:
- Salary based on experience: starting at $95,000 – up to $130,000.
- Per diems for each scheduled shift.
- Premiums based on shift assignments.
- Great work-life balance, with schedules provided in advance.
- Extended health and dental benefit plans.
- RRSP Matching Program.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (Exchange Income Corporation).
- Referral Program.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Performance based company with a great career growth opportunity.
Carson Air is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation. We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or any other
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment please submit your resume to email@example.com subject YXJ King Air Captain or apply through our website www.carsonair.com. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.