Flight Instructor – Southern Interior Flight Centre
Province: British Columbia
Southern Interior Flight Centre is seeking a Flight Instructor for flight, simulator and ground training, and other administrative tasks. This is a very dynamic position with possible performance-based advancement into other positions in Carson Air Ltd.
Located in Kelowna, Southern Interior Flight Centre, a division of Carson Air, is a dynamic, growing aviation school known for excellence in service, education, safety, and much more, with a dedicated group of skilled aviation professionals.
Kelowna offers a variety of indoor and outdoor recreation and sporting opportunities, and often is described as a four-season playground, with its crisp autumns, mild winters, beautiful springs, and hot summers, there really isn’t a bad time to live here. Whether you’re in the mood for water activities, adventure parks, hiking trails or something a little less off-the beaten path, Kelowna can accommodate.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE or SKILLS
• Current Flight Instructor rating (Class 4, Class 3, Class 2 or Class 1)
• No Transport Canada accidents, incidents, violations or suspensions
• Multi-Engine Instrument Rating preferred
• IATRA Exams preferred.
• Aviation Diploma preferred.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in application of adult instructional techniques in the classroom and in flight.
• Demonstrated proficiency in the operation, flight maneuvers and procedures of the Cessna 172 as assigned for duties.
• Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated computer skills – MS Office including Word, Excel and Power Point and familiarity with Internet.
• Demonstrated effectiveness with verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure in fast-paced and noisy environments while exercising sound judgment at all times.
• Ability to perform physical aspects of the position such as, but not limited to, standing for lengthy period of time, moving flight school aircraft safely using manual tow bar, cleaning aircraft, being a pilot in command of SIFC aircraft during all seasons of employment.
Carson Air is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation, and we are an equal-opportunity employer committed to a policy of non-discrimination in all our employment practices. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of ethnicity, gender, age, disability, or any other identifying characteristic.
Our workforce is diverse, and we are committed to an inclusive work environment where collaboration, understanding and mutual respect bring out the best in us all. We are committed to the health and well-being of our employees, offering a safe and welcoming workplace with competitive salaries and benefits package.
If you are interested in working in a fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment visit our website http://www.flysifc.ca and learn more about our Flight School.
Please ONLY submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website www.carsonair.com with the subject Flight Instructor Application. Phone calls will not be accepted. Shortlisted candidates for the position will be contacted directly.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. They are not designed to contain all duties, responsibilities, skills, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Southern Interior Flight Centre is located at 6305 Airport Way Kelowna, BC V1V 1S1.