YXS Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
City: Prince George
Province: British Columbia
Carson Air Ltd. is a dynamic, growing aviation Company headquartered in Kelowna, BC with active bases in Vancouver and Calgary and expanding to Prince George and Fort St. John. We are passionate about our customers, our employees, and the communities we serve through long standing contracts with the BC Government and FedEx. We are the largest provider of Air Ambulance Services in BC; we move Air Freight daily between BC and Alberta; and we provide pilot training in association with Okanagan College. Carson Air has been providing essential services for more than 25 years and is a subsidiary of the Exchange Income Corporation.
We are actively looking for an experienced Aviation Professional who holds a current and valid Aircraft Maintenance Engineer license for a full-time permanent position in our Prince George base. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing and certifying both heavy and line maintenance on company aircraft. Additionally, as a licenced AME, you will be required to be a role model and provide direction and leadership for apprentice engineers. Attention to detail and safety while carrying out your duties will be of the utmost importance.
- Valid Transport Canada Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License M1 required. M1 & M2 together considered an asset.
PREFERRED TYPE EXPERIENCE
- B300 King Air
- PT6 Engine
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of the Canadian Aviation Regulations as it pertains to an AME.
- Positive Attitude with strong work ethic
- Flexibility with work schedules
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with the Internet
- Good Communication with ability to give clear direction.
- Good Understanding of the English Language with the ability to read, understand and follow instructions contained within Aircraft Manuals and Publications as it relates to Aircraft Maintenance
The Company has a COVID -19 Vaccine Policy in place.
Our workforce is diverse and are committed to an inclusive work environment where collaboration, understanding and mutual respect bring out the best in all of us. We’re committed to the health and well-being of our employees offering a safe and welcoming workplace with competitive wages and benefits package inclusive of:
- Hourly rate – based on experience: starting at $29.00 up to $35.00
- Northern premium – additional $2.00 per hour
- Great work-life balance
- Career growth opportunities
- Extended health and dental benefit plans
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program